I just got in a pair of 5.11 Taclite pro pants and they’re great.
You wouldn’t think they’d be soooo much better than any other cargo pants but these are really awesome.
Here’s 10 things I love about these pants:
1) Gusseted! Yes! Gusseted means greater range of motion without the crotch stitches crushing you. For climbing, running, stretching, hiking or anything else that requires freedom of movement, gusseted is great.
2) Elastic stretch segments on the side of the waistband. These pants feel nice and snug without bunching and give you stretch at the waist when you need some give.
3) Reinforced stitching and pockets. This is great, especially at the bottom of the front pockets where your pocket clip knife can wear out the seam.
4) Cell phone/magazine pockets. These fit a magazine for a semi-automatic pistol, but also slimmer candy bar cell phones and other similar rectangular objects. The right side is open top, the left has a velcro cover.
5) Slash rear pockets. I never even thought about this when I decided to purchase these pants, but they are remarkably easy to get into and have velcro closures for security.
6) Reinforced knees. I don’t have to worry about getting on my knees to get those low angle photos now 🙂
7) D-ring, front right belt loop. This is a cool touch. With a D-ring or S-Ring I can clip on my little convenience kit with my streamlite nano, compass/termometer, and keypop on it. Handy!
8) Clip loop. If I need to clip a larger carabiner on the pants (think retractable light meter or something) then this is very handy.
9) Teflon. The pants are treated with teflon. Wet weather? Damp grass? Ha! No worries 🙂
10) 5.11 – At first I thought the name, the brand was a gimmick. Now that I own a couple 5.11 products, everything from their pants, to jackets to hats (yeah even their baseball caps) are built extra strong. Extra strong is good.
[iframe http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=abtws-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&m=amazon&f=ifr&md=10FE9736YVPPT7A0FBG2&asins=B001NETVY8 130 250]